Full Cycle Expertise – From Planning to Execution
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Strategic Planning & Business Model Evaluation
- Market Research and Analysis
- Radio Spectrum Evaluation and Planning
- Cellular Network Drive Testing & Performance Measurement
- Technology Consulting & Vendor Product/Service Evaluation, and Report Authoring
- Specialist Workshops, Seminars & Training-the-Trainer
- Project Design & Technical Specification, Requirements, and Documentation
- Tender Document Authoring; Request for Information (RFI), Proposals (RFP) and Quotes (RFQ)
- Vendor Proposal Analysis & Recommendations
- Pilot Program Planning and Management
- Post-Tender Pilot & Wide Deployment Project Management
Ridership on passenger transport has grown 32% since 1995, and Americans make 34 million rail and bus trips each day. In fact, mass transit ridership is growing faster than highway travel or the U.S. population. At the same time there is significant demand for connecting these vehicles for real-time communication applications such as fleet tracking, onboard Internet connectivity and remote viewing of onboard CCTV and digital video recorders. The in-bus CCTV market alone has grown from 13% to 38% penetration in the last nine years, while the number of buses with GPS tracking has more than doubled in the same period. Under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act, $6.9 billion has been committed to equipping new transport projects, with a further $8 billion towards intercity rail projects. With this growth comes passenger expectation for better amenities such as onboard Internet access, and government initiatives for vehicle and passenger safety – all of which drives the need for train and bus operators to ensure their fleets are ‘connected’ at all times.
The introduction of next-generation 4G LTE mobile communications networks worldwide – with end-to-end IP architecture and benefits of faster speed and lower latency – will help deliver a new raft of applications for mass transit organizations. With dozens of man-years of experience in transport and public safety deployments around the world, Xentrans can help clients plan, manage and implement wireless broadband communications projects at virtually any level.
Please contact us for more detailed information and to arrange an online WebEx presentation and consultation.